Job Description and Online Application
Position: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Reports To: Director of Administration
Location: Boston Office
Wage Class: Non-Exempt
Union Classification: Eligible
Responsible For: Providing reception/front desk duties. Providing responsible and efficient administrative support to the DLC Management Team and staff.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide primary administrative support to the office, with the ability to navigate the nuances in prioritizing and anticipate potential opportunities or conflicts.
- Date, sort, and distribute mail and prepare outgoing mail and packages.
- Photocopy, collate, file and prepare mass mailings, court and hearing documents.
- Attend, record, transcribe, and (as necessary) distribute meeting minutes for weekly staff meetings and other periodic meetings, recording assigned tasks and following up as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and detailed calendar of events, due dates, and schedules as they relate to assigned duties to ensure proper tasks and activities occur as scheduled for the office.
- At the direction of assigned staff, prepare and edit materials, including weekly staff meeting/case review documents
- Inventory, replenish, and replace supplies. Escort vendors through office space.
- Follow systematic filing system for cases, documents, and other materials.
- Occasionally accompany staff to meetings to provide administrative support, note taking, and/or outreach support.
- Welcome visitors, provide assistance or information, and screen complaints with direction from the intake unit including answering or returning calls/messages to the office consistent with service practices and accurately inputting client demographics and other case information into the case management database.
- Assist and contribute to other office organizational, logistical, or technological tasks and various ad hoc projects as requested, including basic basic knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot general office equipment and programs.
- Compose and process routine check requests and other light accounting for the office at the direction of the Director of Administration or the Director of Finance and Information Technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate with callers regarding factual situations and provide responsive information in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to answer, screen, and direct incoming calls and take detailed messages.
- Proven ability to organize and support meetings such as preparing agendas, executing meeting and video conferencing tools, preparing minutes, following up on action items, and maintaining correspondence files.
- Skilled in drafting, proofreading and editing written materials such as letters, reports, general correspondence, or other documents.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multitask assigned tasks efficiently, independently, and pursuant to instructions.
- Proven ability to operate and troubleshoot general office equipment, including but not limited to printers, fax machine, conference phones with minimal supervision.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent and minimum of two years of combined receptionist, secretarial, administrative assistant or other related experience involving public contact and primary support to an individual or department.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; proven ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience using a Web-based Office Suite to enable collaboration, data management, and information management for an executive and/or a diverse team.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment or experience working with diverse communities; experience working with people who may have experienced poverty, trauma or discrimination;
- Experience working in a non-profit setting;
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to or experience working with people with disabilities
Interested applicants for this position must upload a cover letter and resume (with three references) through the form below:
All applications will be kept confidential.
Positions will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION MISSION STATEMENT
DLC is committed to protecting the fundamental human rights of its clients by providing zealous advocacy and excellent representation. In fulfilling our mission, DLC is committed to fostering diversity at all levels of the agency. We are dedicated to understanding our clients’ diverse circumstances and meeting their needs. We are also committed to maintaining an inclusive environment that supports success and the well-being of all of our staff. DLC’s leadership is responsible for ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Disability Law Center values diversity of culture, disability, and other life experiences, and is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer by choice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information (including family medical history), military service, veteran status, age, citizenship, disability, marital status, or status as a parent/guardian. We endorse and support the intent of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are applicants or employees who need accommodations.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Amanda Gasparonis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to modify, or rescind, this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.